2010/06/29

Photo Shoot with Mayu

Yesterday I had a short but productive photo shoot for the June PPSOP photo contest. My model this time was Mayu, a woman I had met at the Kansai Scene 10th anniversary party recently. She was kind to accept, her busy schedule notwithstanding.

This was especially nice of her since we barely knew each other. She confided being nervous, and so was I since I didn't know how to make her feel better, and it is something I will need to address in future shoots. I can see how it can be a little nerve racking to have one's picture taken by a relative stranger, especially if you are a woman and the photographer is male. But we had lunch after, we talked about ourselves, and should I get the chance to take pictures of her again, she did say that she would feel much more comfortable.

Actually, in our conversation, I did discover that she has done plenty of photo shoot before for different companies she's worked for. My effective but ghetto set up must have looked exactly as I describe it, ghetto. But she really liked the results, told me she show them to her manager (she has a manager!?!), and I guess it goes on to show that less is sometimes more (the setup was basically the same as with Aya). Well, here are the results, I hope you like them, too.

1 comment: