2011/04/01

My Contribution

I stopped by Costco today to buy some stuff that is actually needed by the towns hit by the terrible earthquake and tsunami earlier this month. My friend Nick is driving up to the affected area for the third time this weekend to bring supplies donated by Kansai residents, according to the lists of wanted items compiled by the affected municipalities. He is hoping it will be his last trip, that from now on Japanese NGOs will have the go ahead to 'officially' go into the devastated areas and bring relief to the people in need. While my contribution might seem small, all the items have been requested by local organizations; I wish I could have bought more, but there is much one can give. But if we all give as much, it DOES make a difference. Go for it, Nick and Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment