2010/10/18

Startrail (or my attempt)

Last night I ventured out of Osaka to the countryside to give a stab at startrail photography. My results were a little inconclusive, and I had to do some heavy yet simple work in postproduction to obtain this passable shot. The main factors were my proximity to the city and the humid air. The exposure was almost 30min at F/8. I learned quite a bit on this trip, and my time lapse shots should produce a decent short movie.


As is often the case, it was the shots I wasn't planning on taking that produced the results I liked the best. And without further ado, here's a shot of my favorite station (never had one before). I'll be back to shoot it exclusively in the near future I think.

1 comment:

  1. The station location --yes that does look ripe for future photography visits. The star trail -- I'd say a good first attempt. If they were easy, everyone would be doing them! So keep at it.

    ReplyDelete