2010/10/20

Bicycle Diaries: Solo Exhibition

You are all invited to my first solo exhibition entitled Bicycle Diaries. I will present pictures I take while riding my bicycle around Kansai, most specifically Osaka and Hyogo prefectures. While my original shots included scenery, all the shots showcased will be of the denizens of the area, whether the walk on 2, 3 or 4 legs, or even on wheels! Technically, they might not always the most perfect shots, but I like it that way, as this exhibition is not meant to be taken too seriously. It's about the joy of shooting people, catching an instant of their lives. There is a voyeuristic element to it, I agree, but no disrespect is intended. I only wish to explore the realm of human existence in the urban Kansai context.

The exhibition will be held from Nov. 3 to Dec. 2 at the Shinsaibashi Blarney Stone. The opening party will be held on Nov. 3rd, and the gracious manager has agreed to run cocktails at ¥500 all night, as well as offer a pizza+Corona set at ¥1200. How often do you get well fed and a bit tipsy at that price?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment