2011/05/24

Random Shots

I should be posting more, but having just purchased my first house, studying for my driver's license, having my son registered at a model agency and other stuff has kept me busy. I still shoot every day, often Kaz, but I don't post as often as I should.

I've said many times that I'm not a big fan of post-production. But that doesn't mean that I'm against it, far from it. For example, I'm not a big fan of HDR, but it's simply an aesthetic choice, just like some people don't like cubism or bug-eye sunglasses. Post-processing is part of digital photography, just like choice of film, lighting, dodging and burning are part of film photography. In the end, the important part is does the image move both(/either?) the creator and spectator. Art for art's sake (even if in my own personal approach, it isn't enough).

Two of the shots below had some post-processing than the others. Why? Because it reinforced the message I wanted to convey. Do realize that all photography has had some alteration done, whether before the shutter clicked or after. In most cases, the photographers knew what they were doing in advance.


Post production for vintage look










Cheap kid placement shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment