2011/05/05

Children's Day

Today in Japan is Children's day. Funny, because my mom told me every day was children's day when I was a kid, and although I didn't believe her then, it starting to make sense now.

Well, I woke up early this morning, the volunteering schedule having stayed with me. So with both my wife and baby asleep, I went for a jog, which proved to be very easy; I guess the hard efforts of the last few days have had a positive outcome for my physical condition. After doing some computer work, showering and cleaning, I took my son out for a walk, stopping by Costco for some shopping. As today was a national holiday, it was obviously packed, but not unusually so considering the circumstances.

But when I got back, sleep go the best of me and I went for a nap. When I woke up, my wife was leaving with my boy, so I hit the streets for the shot below, and then the computer to create a first version of the video I'm preparing relating the work we did in Higashi Matsushima. Here is the first version, which is aimed at people who will follow in our footsteps. It's an informational video if you like.

Families with sons in particular fly these carp
streamers up until May 5th; the black one is the
father, the red one the mother, and the blue one is
the son. As the family gets bigger, more are added

No comments:

Post a Comment