2011/03/04

Catching Up

I've been quite busy these past days. Between my online class, regular w*rk including some new classes, Kaz, designing a t-shirt and arranging some photoshoots, I've had little time to blog. But that doesn't mean I haven't been making some pictures, though.

Some of them have been influenced by two books I've received recently. The first one is The Art of Photography by Bruce Barnbaum. If you are serious about making better pictures, I can't recommend it enough. At the price they're selling it, it's a much better investment than just about any equipment you'll ever buy for your hobby. A lot of the information in there (at least what I've read so far) is found in other books, but his explanations and accompanying shots are much more revealing, and he writes as an artist trying to convey meaning, not just an artisan looking to make pretty pictures.

The second book is Night Photography by Lance Keimig. Night photography is a different beast from regular picture making and although I have some knowledge based on experience, I thought I'd get this book, based on good reviews and planning a night shoot soon for the Soho Gallery 'Fotografika' exhibition. So far, the book has been a great investment as well. Night photography isn't for everyone, but those who enjoy usually enjoy it with a passion.

In any case, here are some shots from the past 10 days or so. Some are presented as shot, others have had some post-production in them; some are serious, others much less so. Enjoy.

Temple next door (for now!)

Who'd approve this?

Focus is overrated

Lampost

Shot meters away from where my wedding pictures we taken

Curves


Shot in the Takedao abandoned  bag storage space

Delicious homemade gyouza soup by my wife


Many lessons provide awesome locations

Returning home tonight

1 comment:

  1. Non, vraiment le Tropicana ne m'intéresse absolument pas!!! Mais la soupe de gyoza... Oh oui! Je salive juste à la voir. Et c'est justement l'heure du dîner ici, alors j'y vais! :)

    ReplyDelete