2013/02/04

Transnational Art 2013: The Final Day

Let me start by giving SoHo gallery - Naoko "Goldie"-san and Celio - my warmest thanks. The event was amazing: well organised, great attention to details, and very popular. They constantly push me to go further, it's hard to live up to their expectations, but in the end it's definitely worth. Every year they raise the bar higher, and make no mistakes, they'll confidently and successfully raise it again in the future.

The last day, Sunday, was quite popular with crowds. Not so surprisingly considering it was the weekend and the positive feedback the exhibition has been getting.

I came with Kaz, and the kawaiis still resonates in my ears.

I had interesting talks with Kim (NSFW, and sadly, for now at least, his Ama diver series is missing), and both being fathers, in addition to art, we had other more worldly topics to discuss.

Tessei came by with some pictures he took of me; one to sign, more to receive.

Kit was there again, and although we didn't talk as much as the previous night, there was no need to.

Sho, from Lagoa do Abaete, arrived at the end, and he had little time to explore the exhibition, but he seemed to thoroughly enjoy, pouring over artists' portfolios.

And all too soon, time for the take down came ringing, and it was quite a sad experience. Being much easier and faster, people were in and out in no time, without much cooperation, unlike the installation. Rather quickly, I felt pretty alone in the empty gallery, not yet realizing that it will probably take about a year to re-experience the same community feeling I had throughout the exhibit.

In my mind, art is about expression and communion; I certainly felt them during the whole week. We might have our differences, but dialogue is at the heart of our existence.

I leave you wish a shot from the last day, and some captures I took slowly walking back home, trying to hold on to those feelings for as long as I could. Click to enlarge, and enjoy.

Thanks for coming, Sho








No comments:

Post a Comment